How to get to sango
Sango Private Game Reserve with Ingwe Lodge and Dadiso and Expedition Camp is situated in the Savé Valley Conservancy in south-eastern Zimbabwe, also known as Easter Lowvelt.
Sango is not a self-drive destination, but that doesn’t mean you can’t drive to Sango in your own car. If you do, we will meet you at the gate to the reserve and take you to your safari destination in one of our vehicles. A guarded car park where you can leave your vehicle is available free of charge.
There are three ways to get to Sango from Harare as detailed below. If you wish to travel from a different direction, please email us and we will help you plan your journey.
1. Proceed out on the Masvingo/ Beitbridge Road. The A4 main road. This road has a Toll gate, 10 Km outside of Harare, currently the Toll is US$ 2.00 (status from 01.2023) per light vehicle. They accept all forms of payment: ecocash, swipe and cash. Travel along the main A4 road out of Harare, through Beatrice, Featherstone and onto Chivhu.
2. Once you reach Chivhu, continue through the town, passing Chicken Inn, Liebenberg High School, the ZRP Camp (on your right). Once you see a curios section of carvings, on your left, there will be a left hand turn to Gutu, please take this road.
3. Continue through Gutu Town, stay straight on this road. In approx. an hour you will come to a T-Junction, where you can only turn left or right. Please turn left – this in the Mutare Road, A9. This road leads to Mutare via Birchenough Bridge. Continue straight along this road, travelling through Bikita, Nyika and various small villages and growth points. After roughly one hour, while driving through the growth points and villages you will notice a Big Boundary fence on the right hand side. A Big game fence, with a smaller fence on the inside. This is the Boundary of The Save Valley Conservancy.
4. Once you see the Big boundary fence on your right, travel approx. 10 km and there will be a Right hand Turn (dirt road) into the Save Valley Conservancy. Please turn in and sign in with the Guard. Tell him you are travelling to Sango.
5. Travel along the dirt road, always straight, for approx. 26 km, a member of staff will be waiting to escort you to camp.
1. Proceed out on the Mutare Road from Harare. The A3 main road. This road has a Toll gate, 10 Km outside of Harare, currently the Toll is US$ 2.00 (status from 01.2023) per light vehicle. They accept all forms of payment: ecocash, swipe and cash. Travel along the main A3 road out of Harare, through Ruwa, Bromley, Marondera and onto Rusape. There will be a second tollgate before Rusape.
2. Once you reach Rusape, continue through the town, passing a Zuva Service Station. You will approach a T-Junction, keep straight along the A 3 travelling to Mutare. There will be a third tollgate 10km before Mutare.
3. Travelling into Mutare on the A3, this is the Robert Mugabe Road. Stay on this road, travelling into the city. You will come to a T-Junction, you will see OK store on your left. Please turn right onto Herbert Chitepo Street. This is the A9.
4. This road will take you to Birchenough Bridge. (Herbert Chitepo Street merges into the Chimanimani Road). There is a fourth tollgate 10km outside of Mutare. Continue on this road for 128 km, where you will cross the Birchenough Bridge over the Save River.
5. Once you cross the Devure River you will notice a Big Game Fence on your left, this is the Save Valley Conservancy. Sango Lodge is located inside the Conservancy. Carry along this road, the A9) for 15km, you will see a Boom gate on your left. Please turn left and sign in with the Guard. Tell him you are travelling to Sango.
6. Travel along the main dirt road, always straight, for approx. 26 km, a member of our staff will be waiting to escort you to camp.
Fly by plane to Johannesburg, South Africa and charter a private flight to Buffalo Range Airport, Zimbabwe, clear immigration and customs and continue with your charter flight to Sango Airstrip. Approximate journey time is 2.5–3.5 hours.
Fly to Harare Airport, Zimbabwe, clear immigration and customs and be collected by our airport transfer for the journey by road to Sango. Approximate journey time is 4–5 hours.
We have good relations with all charter companies flying in Zimbabwe and are happy to help you with your booking. The cost for an in and out transfer in a charter plane is approx. US$ 2,500 for up to three persons and 30 KG luggage each.
Make A Reservation
We would be happy to welcome you on Sango. Please fill out the form with your requests and we will get back to you with your tailor-made offer.